Services Provided: IT Management Effectiveness, Organizational Change Management, Process Design, Leadership Capability Building
Client Description: A large healthcare provider desired to restructure both its IT organization and model for IT support to better serve its hospitals and facilities. They turned to Omega Point for assistance in planning and managing the transition to a division-based model and restructured organization and processes.
Project Description: Omega Point provided a team of senior consultants who worked closely with the extended IT leadership team to complete the following:
- Defined how IT processes would work across organizational boundaries to enable the 3-tiered organization structure
- Working with new Division CIOs, planned and facilitated the transition of two "trailblazer" divisions that were first to implement the new IT support model
- Validated and refined the organization structure and staffing model through the learnings of the trailblazer divisions
- Structured and facilitated rapid design sessions with multiple divisions to operationalize the strategy for IT governance, IT service desk, IT technical support, and IT application services
- Coached IT leaders at all levels in all divisions throughout the transition, to build their change leadership capability
- Created a business value and IT capability scorecard to measure and monitor the results of the new model
Results: While the transition is still underway in some divisions, the IT organization achieved many of the original goals of the restructuring, providing better service and higher value to its many customers (patients, clinicians, physicians, administration, etc.). They also moved from a reactive orientation to a proactive one, managing their portfolio of work across the organizational boundaries effectively.