Services Provided: Leadership Capability Building - EPMO Establishment
Client Description: A large health care organization was establishing an Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) and wanted to create a strong vision for the EPMO and evolve it over time toward that vision. The client asked Omega Point to work with them in creating the vision, conducting the strategic planning each year during its evolution, and assessing its effectiveness.
Project Description: Omega Point worked with the EPMO leadership and team members to complete the following:
- Set the overall vision and structure for the EPMO and develop a road map for its growth and capabilities
- Facilitate the strategic planning with the EPMO team each year for 5 years as it evolved from core project management support to general consulting to strategic consulting
- Assist in establishing specific annual goals and measures
- Outline the services to be provided, customers, value, positioning, infrastructure and capabilities needed
- Advise on structure for team and capability assessment
- Design and facilitate team building events
- Design a portfolio management process and implementation plan
Results: The EPMO grew from a basic project management function to a key group looked to for strategic consulting capability.